Friday 27 November 2009


A message from Del.

“I’ll start off with a quick reminder to let you know how you can buy the book on line.

You can now buy it for £9.99 via the link below:
The book can also be downloaded for £5.99
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/memories-never-die/7772583

We have already sold about 150 books since we launched last Wednesday. For every book sold £4 goes towards the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

Thanks to everyone who has bought a copy so far. For those that have ordered by post we are sending out the orders on Monday as our bulk book delivery has just arrived. The response we are getting to the book is very positive and we have had a couple of good articles published in Welywn and north west London newspapers this week.

I recieved an email recently from a young woman that made all the effort and work Jerry and I have put into the book worthwhile. She had became aware of my blog the night before her Fiance went into hospital to find out if he had MND. She said the blog gave her and her partner strength and inspiration to face the unknown.

Sadly their fears were confirmed and he has been diagnosed with MND but they sound strong, positive people and are making the most of now. We wish them well.

Her email meant a lot to me because the main reason I started the book and blog was to help those recently diagnosed with MND.

At home Emma and I are really excited and are busily getting ready for the arrival of our baby which is due on Christmas Eve. Em’s last day at work was yesterday so hopefully she can relax a bit more in the run up to little Deanus’ birth. Our lives are being made easier at the moment by the help we receive from others.

My carer Rob (pictured with me) has been great. I mention him in the book. He’s with me every morning and helps me shave, shower, get dressed and makes me breakfast. He also goes through stretches with me, this is important because many of my muscles are wasting away and we are trying to keep them active for as long as possible.

Rob’s a fantastic lad but there’s no getting away from the fact that he looks like a younger version of one of the guys from Right Said Fred.

Our other helper is Jane who visits on Wednesdays and Thursdays. She takes a lot of pressure off of Emma by preparing meals and tidying up.

I’ve been off work for two months now while my employers work out what will happen to me. If I was to carry on working my van would need a few adjustsments to take into account my disability.

I’ve been keeping myself busy by going on the internet and trying to find out as much as possible about the sides my team Enfield Town are playing. It’s such a bonus for me to still be involved with the club and we are doing well following a blip. We’re now in a play-off position and Steve Newing and I are feeling optimistic.

Thanks for reading.”

You can contact Del directly on dandjpublications@live.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment