Friday 15 January 2010

Goals for 2010

To buy Del’s book Memories Never Die please see the bottom of this update.

Hi,

I was at Del’s last night and here’s the latest from the Deanus household.

Even though I’ve known him more than 25 years he never ceases to amaze me with the brave way he and Emma are dealing with their extremely tough situation.

I heard a friend recently describe Del as being ‘a real man.’ I understood the point he was making. Despite his illness, which makes the easiest of tasks a huge struggle, I’ve never heard Del moan about his life or sound bitter.

The onslaught of his disease means he is now clearly disabled but he never hides away. He just gets on with life.

Being with him is genuinely inspirational because it makes you realise what you have and the importance of making the most out of every chance that comes your way in life.

Cheers

Jerry

A message from Del,

“Hello and I hope you are all doing well.

Emma and I are still adjusting to life with our beautiful daughter Megan around. She was three weeks old yesterday and we’ve had a couple of comments saying she has my frown!!

As all parents of newly born babies know it’s tiring work. My condition makes it impossible to give practical help to Emma. I try to play my part by encouraging her and constantly letting her know she is doing an amazing job.

For those of you that don’t know I’m joint manager of Enfield Town FC who play in the Ryman Division One North. My friend Steve Newing is the other part of the double act. This bloody weather is so annoying because it’s played havoc with our playing schedule.

We’ve played only one game in a month but we are in a play-off position so we’re very optimistic. Still being involved in football really helps me stay positive and gives me a great chance to get out of the house, stay active and have a laugh and a joke with the lads.

Steve and I are so lucky to have such a great bunch of players. When Megan was born the team donated the money in the payers’ pool to her. This money normally goes towards our end of season jolly up so it was a wonderful gesture.

I’m using a wheelchair to get around at games now. At first I was a little embarrassed but now I’ve come to terms with it and as long as one of the lads will give me a push it’s the best way of getting around at the moment.

I’m going to see my alternative therapist Seka Nikolic next week. I’m feeling tired and need the energy boost that Seka’s sessions always provide me with. I speak about Seka and her amazing work in the book.

Sales of the book have been steady and copies have been sent out across the globe with people from Japan, Australia, New Zealand and America buying copies.

I’ve set goals for 2010 which are important because they keep me focussed. They include spending as much quality time as possible with my family and friends. Also to stay as active as possible, to get Enfield into the play offs and promoted and to spend a long weekend on a barge.I also want to sell more books to raise more money and awareness for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

If you want to buy a copy here’s how you can get your hands on one.

You can buy it for £9.99 via the link below:

The book can also be downloaded for £5.99
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/memories-never-die/7772583

To order a postal copy of Memories Never Die by Del Deanus please send a cheque made payable to Emma Luscombe for £12.99 (price includes postage and packaging) to 22 Lockleys Drive, Welwyn, Hertfordshire, AL6 9LU. All profits from the sale of this book will go to the Motor Neurone Disease Association. Please allow ten working days for delivery.

Any questions please email dandjpublications@live.co.uk

As always, thanks for reading and supporting the blog.”

Del

No comments:

Post a Comment