Friday 4 September 2009

Publishing progress & a great start to the season



Hi All,

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and for your kind messages about us meeting our writing deadline.

Big thanks to Morts and Wilson for their help on a few things this week.

It's been a hectic 10 days but we have made real progress with the book as Del will explain below.

Cheers

Jerry


A message from Del

"Hello everyone. I'm really excited at the moment because we have made some major decisions about publishing the book and it looks like we will have copies printed by mid October. I really can't wait to see the finished product.

We've decided to self-publish which isn't as complicated as it sounds. We will be selling the book for £9.99 and all profits raised will be donated to the Motor Neurone Disease Association. We hope once the book is out there and more people get to see it a publisher might decide to take it on.

Emma and I are currently gathering photos to use in the book. These will include a pic of me and my first ever football team, Brentfield Primary School. It's a cracking pic because Jerry is also in it sitting behind me with his crazy council kid hair cut!!!

I'm also including some of my wedding day, the England school boy team pic featured in this blog (Can you spot me, Giggs and Barmby?), friends, family and a great shot of our Edgware Town FC treble winning squad.

Amazingly there's also a photo of the very first kiss Emma and I shared back in 2000. It was in a night club in Spain and my mate Wilson was on hand to capture the moment :)

The team I joint-manage has started the season really well. We've played six, won four, drawn one and lost the other. I'm thankful to the directors of Enfield Town and their supporters for giving Steve Newing and I the chance to manage this club which I'm sure are going places. I'm confident we'll do a good job.

What with the football and the preparation to launch the book I haven't hardly any time to dwell on my illness. When you are faced with death it really focuses how you spend your time. I want to get as much out of life as I can, while I can. I'm living up to my "making the most of now" motto.

I'm looking for some feedback on possible titles for the book. They are:

Del's Story - Making the most of now.

Del's Story - Win, lose or draw.

or Get Busy Living

Let me know what you think via the Facebook group Del's Story.

Well thanks for reading and I'll update the blog next week with how we are getting on.

Cheers"

Del

No comments:

Post a Comment