Thursday 22 October 2009

The best news of all.


A message from Del

Hi All,

As always I’d like to thank you for your support of this group and my blog. I’ve been lucky to have received so many messages of love and support. They really keep me going, especially as I’m unable to work at the moment and I’m waiting for the results of an assessment to see if I can carry on working.

It’s been a while since we updated the blog and lots of things have happened, so here goes.

We are having a limited edition book launch on Saturday evening (24th). It’s a small mainly family affair in Welywn where we will have dinner and sell the first 20 copies of the book. We’ve had a few teething problems getting them produced but we seem to be almost there.

We will be launching Memories Never Die to the wider world on Monday November 16th. There’s a possibility it will be made available before then by downloading it. I like the idea of downloading it because it will help people who have the same mobility problems I’m experiencing. I now find it impossible to turn the pages of a book so scrolling down on a PC screen is a lot easier.

We are also going to make the book available in a spiral bound format. A draft of the book was printed and bound in this way and I found it easier to turn the pages.

I’ve saved the best bit of news to last. It’s something we have kept a lid on for a good few months now. Emma is pregnant and we are expecting our first child on December 24. A wonderful Christmas present and we are both incredibly excited.

The news about baby Deanus gives the book an added importance. We have included a chapter in it where I write a letter to my child sharing some of my thoughts on life and my hopes and dreams for their future. It was a difficult but essential part of the book to work on. It’s the only time I’ve noticed Jerry go quiet through our eight months of working on Memories Never Die.

If you would like to join us for a few drinks after the dinner we will be in The White Horse in Welwyn from 9pm on Saturday.

Thanks,

Del.

Message from Jerry

Hi,

You can now send your messages of support directly to Del via dandjpublications@live.co.uk

Cheers

Jerry

1 comment: